How to Change Default MIUI launcher on Redmi 1S/Mi3/Mi4/Note 3G:The Redmi devices comes with an pre-installed MIUI launcher.Unlike other android device changing the default launcher in Redmi devices is a little tricky but not difficult.Here in this article I will tell you ways to Change Default MIUI launcher on Redmi 1S/Mi3/Mi4/Note 3G.The default MIUI launcher is good in many ways but has some setbacks too,which we will discuss later in this article.
This is a prety simple launcher for users new to android but those who are familiar to other android device before,this type of UI may seem to be annoying to them.When I received my Redmi device, the first thing I noticed was that it was lacking app drawer.I tried to fix this issue by installing other launcher and it worked but when I tapped the Home key it changed back to MIUI launcher.To Change Default MIUI launcher on Redmi 1S/Mi3/Mi4/Note 3G and make any other the default one I found a way which I am sharing with you.
Some Setbacks of MIUI Launcher
- The launcher acts as an app drawer itself and hence you cannot remove app icons or rename them.
- For old hardware i.e. low configuration devices,it is slow and also occupies all ram space leaving you only 30-40 MB.
- The integrated keyboard supports a limited number of languages only.
Change Default MIUI launcher on Redmi 1S/Mi3/Mi4/Note 3G:Tutorial
- The first step is to download the launcher which you want to use in place of MIUI launcher.
- Go to Settings on your device.
- Now tap on General Settings and then Apps.
- Under the option Apps,look at the bottom and you will see Default App Settings.
- Tap on it and here you will see a list of launchers which you have installed on your device.Look for the one which you downloaded in the first step.
- Tap on it and a pop up will appear like the one shown below.
- Now hit Replace.
Doing so will replace the default launcher with the one selected by you.
I hope this post onHow to Change Default MIUI launcher on Redmi 1S/Mi3/Mi4/Note 3G helped you and if you liked our work then please do share with your friends and like it over Facebook, Twitter or/and Google + by simply clicking on the links at the bottom of the post as it will help us to grow . You can now even SUBSCRIBE US to get latest updates on our post and articles.
Thank You 🙂