Enable/Disable Encryption/Decryption In Android Phone & Tablet – Android provides you with lot’s of features and extra sausage in terms of security .There are various layers of security that can be easily customized by the user .When it comes to device security there are various kinds of stuff you can put up to prevent the misuse of your device by someone ,for example you can put up Password lock,Pattern Lock ,Facelock,Voice Lock and Pin lock .Well that’s not it ! These all methods have their loopholes and can be removed by putting up some effort .
Advantages of Enabling Encryption on your android device
- Gives very high security protocol for accessing any instance of your device .
- Neutralizes the risk of data purloin .
- You will feel safe eventually knowing the fact that your private files and data is safe .
Enable/Disable Encryption/Decryption In Android Phone & Table
Why is it necessary for you to encrypt your device ?
Now device encryption gives you far more security then just by using a lock screen ,pattern or password lock .For Example if you enable the pattern lock,this will prevent someone form accessing your device .But your personal data and files are still vulnerable ,one can access these files by connecting your device into the Pc and since the default mode is Media storage ,so your personal data and files are still in peril .
Now when you encrypt your device ,This basically locks each and every aspect of your device including your files ,messages and all the concerned data ,which can only be decrypted with your PIN .
Disadvantages of Enabling encryption in your device
- The fact that the concept of encryption is new and doesn’t come as as a stock feature on every android device.This may make your device lag in various aspects .Moreover in some handsets it has the negative impact on the device performance .
- This is a one way road.You can only enable encryption in your android device and will have to reset the default factory settings to remove it and start gain from scratch .
I would personally not recommend everyone to enable encryption on your device .But if you want to secure your data in real time ,Then read the procedure below to enable encryption on your android device .
How To Enable Encryption In Android Smartphones
Follow the steps below to enable encryption in your android device .
Note :- Encryption option is not available in every android smartphone .This procedure is useful if the option is present in your device under settings/security .
- Ensure that the battery is more then 50 % and plug in your charger while performing the encryption .
- Create a PIN password for your device in the security settings .Encryption cannot be performed until you have setup either a PIN or a password lock .
- Goto Settings/Security/Encryption/Encrypt Phone and choose the method i.e. either password or PIN .
- Select encrypt SD card by cheching the checkbox and select next and confirm your PIN when it prompts .
- Press the encrypt phone or encrypt tablet option .
- The device will take it’s time in encryption.This is it!!Your device is now encrypted .
Now the phone will always prompt for the PIN in case of device startup .
The process is irreversible .The device cannot be decrypted once the encryption is setup and you will have to wipe out all the data for decryption or removing encryption .
If you liked the article “Enable/Disable Encryption/Decryption In Android Phone & Tablet“,Then share it with your friends on Facebook.Twitter and Google Plus Or subscribe us for more interesting info .
Thank You 🙂