Many of the android users are complaining about Unknown Error Code During Application Install 24 while installing apps from Google Play Store. It is one of those strange error which has got a lot of people crazy. Usually, it does not arise soon but once you are stuck with this error, it’s very difficult to get rid of it. This is because people do not know the exact reason of this problem and find themselves using hopeless hit and trials. However, you do not have to worry now. If you are also facing this error and finding it hard to fix it, just follow the below solutions and you can get rid of this problem easily. But before that have a look at the main cause of Unknown Error Code During Application Install 24 in Android Phones.
Cause of Unknown Error Code During Application Install 24 in Android Phones:
The main cause of Unknown Error Code During Application Install 24 in Android phone is due to storage directory problem. This error usually arises due to overwriting of files with the same file name inside the same storage directory.
When we install a new app in our android phone, it creates a new folder in the data/data directory. Now, if you uninstall the app, the folder directory will remain intact in your storage. So, if you try to install the same app again after a long time, the app will try to create the folder directory with same file name. Now, if it finds that the folder directory already exists, it would get confused and show you Unknown Error Code During Application Install 24. Sometimes, this also happens when you try to update some apps.
Now, read below to know How to Fix Unknown Error Code During Application Install 24 in Android Phones.
How to Fix Unknown Error Code During Application Install 24 in Android:
There are three solutions to fix Unknown Error Code During Application Install 24 in Android Phones.
1. Use APK file to install the app:
Rather than installing the app from Google Play Store, install it using APK file. Just search AppName APK file on Google, go to search results and download the apk file. Now, copy it your phone and install it. It will install the app in the same folder without any problem.
If the problem still persists, follow the Solution 2.
2. Use File Manager and delete the old folder directory:
You can use any root enabled file manager, delete the folder directory and then install the app. I prefer to use ES File Explorer. To know How to use ES File Explorer and delete the old folder directory, follow below steps.
- Install ES File Manager app from Google Play Store.
- Go to your home screen and open it.
- Enable Root Explorer.
- Now go to Device directory. Here, you will see a folder named data. Click on it.
- Under it, you will find another data folder. Click on it. It is the folder where all the files of all your installed apps in stored.
- Find the folder of the required app which is causing problem. Long press on it and select Delete option.
That’s it. You’re done. Close ES File Manager, go to Google Play Store and try to install the app now. Hopefully, the problem will be solved. If it ain’t, then follow below solution.
3. Factory Reset you Android Phone:
NOTE: Factory Reset will wipe all the data and settings of your android phone. So, make sure to back up all your important data and then follow this solution.
To know How to Factory Reset your android phone to fix Unknown Error Code During Application Install 24, follow the below steps.
- Go to Settings.
- Now, go to Phone and Storage section and tap on Factory Reset option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and wait till the whole process completes.
- At the end, it will ask you or automatically restart your device.
- Once your phone is restarted, all the data and settings will be wiped out. Go to Google Play Store and then try installing the app.
Thanks for reading this article “How to Fix Unknown Error Code During Application Install 24 in Android“. I hope it will solve your problem. If you still have any query, feel free to contact me by commenting below. I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.