How To Flash/Update/Install Android Lollipop 5.1 On Nexus 4 : Android 5.0 Lollipop as we all know was the biggest Android Update made available by Google since last three years. Various new features were added in Android 5.0 Lollipop as compared to previous version such as Project Volta which ensures that the user gets the maximum usage out of the Battery. These were the sweet thing about Android Lollipop 5.0.x, but as we all know nothing is perfect , Android Lollipop 5.0.x had lots of problem like Memory Leak , random restart , battery drain and lot more. To encounter this situation Google has introduced Android Lollipop 5.1 which according to Google, is more efficient and more powerful than the previous version of Android Lollipop ie 5.0.x.
Google recently Announced the latest Android version ie Android Lollipop 5.1 and soon after made available the Factory Image of its latest Mobile OS Android Lollipop 5.1 available for its Nexus Line which include Nexus 5 , Nexus 7 (nakasi)) and Nexus 10, but nothing was said about other Nexus Device that when the update will be made available for them. Well for Nexus 4 owners there is a good news, they can get Android Lollipop 5.1 on their device too and that too right away but do note this version of OS is not official (ie its not the factory image released by Google since factory image of Android Lollipop 5.1 for Nexus 4 is yet to be released), so there might be some bugs here and there although no bugs have been detected yet . So if you really want to Flash/Update/Install Android Lollipop 5.1 on Nexus 4 keep reading further.
Flash/Update/Install Android Lollipop 5.1 on Nexus 4
Well to Flash/Update/Install Android Lollipop 5.1 on Nexus 4 your device must be rooted and should have custom recovery installed on it like that of CWM or TWRP. You will also have to download the Android Lollipop 5.1 for Nexus 4 zip file which you will have to flash it. The detailed procedure is explained below.
Prerequisite ( Flash/Update/Install Android Lollipop 5.1 On Nexus 4 )
- Your Nexus 4 must be rooted with custom recovery installed on it.
- Download Android 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus 4 zip file from here .
- Backup all your Data as all your Data will be lost on installation of Android Lollipop 5.1.
- Make sure your device is fully charged.
Note : Dont forget to get a complete backup of your device as you will lose all your data upon installation of Android 5.1 Lollipop .Also Follow this steps carefully as anything wrong might brick your device.
How To Flash/Update/Install Android Lollipop 5.1 on Nexus 4 : Using CWM Recovery
- First of all get a Complete NANDROID backup , as this will help you to revert back if something goes wrong or if you don’t like it at all (which is surely not gonna happen).
- Now Download Google Gapps from here.
- Transfer this file along with Android Lollipop 5.1 for Nexus 4 zip file to root of SD-Card of your Device.
- Now Turn Off your Device , turn it on again to enter Regular Recovery option by holding Power and Volume Down Button simultaneously.
- Now once you are in Recovery Option, wipe data and cache memory to do so navigate one by one to “wipe data/factory reset” and “wipe cache partition” using your volume key and then hit the Power Key to select the option and wipe it off.
- You also need to wipe dalvik cache too , to do so go to Advance option and select “Wipe Dalvik Cache”.
- Now navigate back to the main Menu and from there select “choose zip from sdcard”.
- Now select the Android Lollipop 5.1 for Nexus 4 zip file you downloaded and then install it.
- Similarly install the Google Gapps file you downloaded.
- Now Restart your device, let it boot for a while ( first boot up might take a min or two so keep calm).
- Voilà, you now have successfully installed Android Lollipop 5.1 on your Nexus 4
How To Flash/Update/Install Android Lollipop 5.1 on Nexus 4 : Using TWRP Recovery
- First of all to get the complete Back Up of your current ROM go to Back Up and there select System,Data & Cache and then swipe the slider to continue.
- Now since you have got the Back Up of your current ROM you can revert back if something goes wrong.
- Now go back and then click on WIPE tab and then again select System,Data & Cache and swipe the slider to continue.
- After wiping up click on INSTALL tab and then navigate and select the Android Lollipop 5.1 for Nexus 4 zip file and Google Gapps zip file and swipe the slider to install these files on your Device.
- Once the installation finishes up, reboot your device.
- That’s it you now have Android Lollipop 5.1 on your Nexus 4.
I hope this post on How To Flash/Update/Install Android Lollipop 5.1 on Nexus 4 helped you and if you liked our work then please do share with your friends and like it over Facebook, Twitter or/and Google+ by simply clicking on the links at the bottom of the post as it will help us to grow . You can now even SUBSCRIBE US to get latest updates on our post and articles.
Thanks for reading How To Flash/Update/Install Android Lollipop 5.1 on Nexus 4 , Peace