How To Flash/Update/Install Android Lollipop 5.1 On Nexus 5/Nexus 7/Nexus 10 : Android 5.0 Lollipop as we all know was the biggest Android Update made available by Google since last three years. Various new features were added in Android 5.0 Lollipop as compared to previous version such as Project Volta which ensures that the user gets the maximum usage out of the Battery. These were the sweet thing about Android Lollipop 5.0.x, but as we all know nothing is perfect , Android Lollipop 5.0.x had lots of problem like Memory Leak , random restart , battery drain and lot more. To encounter this situation Google has introduced Android Lollipop 5.1 which according to Google, is more efficient and more powerful than the previous version of Android Lollipop ie 5.0.x.
Yesterday Google Announced the latest Android version ie Android Lollipop 5.1 and soon after made available the Factory Image of its latest Mobile OS Android Lollipop 5.1 available for its Nexus Line which include Nexus 5 , Nexus 7 (nakasi)) and Nexus 10.But for now the OTA update rollout has not started but for those who wants to try it right away can Flash/Update/Install Android Lollipop 5.1 on Nexus 5/Nexus 7/Nexus 10 manually.
Flash/Update/Install Android Lollipop 5.1 on Nexus 5/Nexus 7/Nexus 10
Well to Flash/Update/Install Android Lollipop 5.1 on Nexus 5/Nexus 7/Nexus 10 you will have to unlock the bootloader of your device using your PC for which you will also have to install the Nexus PC drivers (the links to drivers will be given below). Once you have the unlocked bootloader you will also have to download the factory image of Android Lollipop 5.1 of your device from the Google’s Developer Site. The detailed procedure is explained below.
Prerequisite ( Flash/Update/Install Android Lollipop 5.1 On Nexus 5/Nexus 7/Nexus 10 )
- Download the correct factory Image of Android 5.1 Lollipop for your device .
- Download and extract Android SDK Tool and move it to Local Disk C on your Desktop / Laptop and then rename it to “adt”.
- Download and install Nexus USB Drivers.
- Turn USB DEBUGGING ON on your device to do that, Go to SETTINGS>> ABOUT PHONE>> TAP ON BUILD NUMBER 7 TIMES>> GO BACK TO SETTINGS>> DEVELOPER OPTION>> CHECK ON THE USB DEBUGGING.
- Unlock the Bootloader of your device.
- Backup all your Data as all your Data will be lost on installation of Android 5.1 Lollipop.
- Make sure your device is fully charged.
Note : Dont forget to get a complete backup of your device as you will lose all your data upon installation of Android 5.1 Lollipop .Also Follow this steps carefully as anything wrong may brick your device.
How To Install Nexus PC Drivers ( Flash/Update/Install Android Lollipop 5.1 On Nexus 5/Nexus 7/Nexus 10 )
- With USB DEBUGGING turned on connect your device to your Desktop / Laptop.
- Download Nexus PC Drivers.
- Extract the drivers.
- Open Device Manager on your Desktop / Laptop.
- Search for your Nexus Device, in my case it is Nexus 5 .
- Right Click on your Nexus Device and then Click to Update Device Driver.
- Now select Browse Your Computer For Drivers and then select the extracted Nexus PC Driver folder.
- While installing these drivers you will be required to grant permission to install simply provide that.
- Your Nexus PC Drivers are now installed.
Unlock The Bootloader ( Flash/Update/Install Android Lollipop 5.1 On Nexus 5/Nexus 7/Nexus 10 )
- Connect your Nexus to your Windows PC .
- On your Windows PC open CMD and type the following command ( just to make sure your device is connected )
- cd adt/sdk/platform-tools
- adb devices
- Once you make sure your device is connected , go to Bootloader of your device to do that type this command in CMD.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now to unlock your devices Bootloader type this.
fastboot oem unlock
- Follow the on screen command on your Nexus Screen.
- Your device will reboot.
- You now have Unlocked Nexus device.
How To Flash/Update/Install Android Lollipop 5.1 on Nexus 5/Nexus 7/Nexus 10
- Extract the downloaded Factory Image of your device and move it to Local Disk (C:)/adt/sdk/platform-tools/
- Again open your device Bootloader .
- Once your device is in Bootloader type the following command.
- cd adt/sdk/platform-tools/
- Keep patience as installation of Android 5.1 Lollipop on your Nexus device may take few minutes
- Congratulation you now have Android Lollipop 5.1 on your Nexus device.
I hope this post on How To Flash/Update/Install Android Lollipop 5.1 on Nexus 5/Nexus 7/Nexus 10 helped you and if you liked our work then please do share with your friends and like it over Facebook, Twitter or/and Google+ by simply clicking on the links at the bottom of the post as it will help us to grow . You can now even SUBSCRIBE US to get latest updates on our post and articles.
Thanks for reading How To Flash/Update/Install Android Lollipop 5.1 on Nexus 5/Nexus 7/Nexus 10 , Peace