How To Change IMEI Number Easily On Android
Well the question here is Can You Change A IMEI Number , if no then How To Change IMEI Number . You folks know that changing an IMEI number or if more precisely said restoring the lost IMEI number which could be lost due to many reason of which one being the common factory reset (it is very common in Mediatek Chipset) ,is surely not an easy task .
So today we will help you to regain your lost IMEI Number for which earlier you have to pay quite lot of money . But I should warn you here that although regaining your lost IMEI Number is not an illegal thing but changing someone else’s is surely is and in that case I take no responsibility if any legal harm comes to you .
So to answer what has been asked at the starting of this post Can You Change IMEI Number or How To Change IMEI Number On Android , let’s move ahead . Here is the step by step guide on How To Change IMEI Number on Android with different Chipset.
How To Change IMEI Number On Android With Mediatek Chipset
- Open your Dialer
- Type *#*#3646633#*#*.
- Click to Call.
- You will from there be taken to ENGINEERING MODE OPTION.
- Now in that , select CDS INFORMATION.
- Once in CDS INFORMATION, select RADIO INFORMATION.
- If you have single sim or you just want to replace just single sim’s IMEI Number enter this code in the provided area (as shown in the pic).
- Just replace this XXXXXXXX….. with your IMEI Number .
- If you have dual sim device and you wanna change IMEI Number of both this sim then after entering the above code enter this one.
- Now again replace all this X with your other IMEI Number.
- Once done restart your device and then dial *#06# and see for yourself you have regained your once lost IMEI Number.
So, Can You Change A IMEI Number well I guess now you can on the Mediatek device.
How To Change IMEI Number On Android With Other Chipset
Once you get them ,extract them on your PC and proceed as follows.
- Now make sure your device has USB DEBUGGING Mode ON, if you don’t know how to do it then first go to SETTINGS>>ABOUT PHONE>>TAP ON BUILD NUMBER 7 TIMES> >GO BACK TO SETTINGS>> SELECT DEVELOPER OPTION>> TURN ON USB DEBUGGING.
- Now connect your device , also make sure you have your device driver installed else this method wont work.
- Run XVI32.exe with administrator privileges.
- Once XVI32 is open click on the File option in the toolbar and click OPEN to open emulator-arm.exe from C:\Programmi (x 86) \Android\android-sdk\tools.
- Now once you opened emulator-arm.exe press CTRL+F on your keyboard and then search CGSN .
- Once CGSN is opened you can now change your devices IMEI Number by simply clicking on first zero which is shown on the left side of the screen and then entering new values from the right side. For reference see the image below.
- Disconnect your device and restart it.
- Dial *#06# and check for yourself .
Can You Change A IMEI Number now?
NOTE: This method is only intended to get your devices IMEI Number back . This method is not intended to use on any theft or stolen devices as this is totally illegal. Moreover use this method at your own risk as this may damage your device .
So this is it for the article How To Change IMEI Number On Android If you have any queries or suggestion do let us know through your comments below and we will surely get back to you.
If you like this post on How To Change IMEI Number On Android please do share it with your friends and like it over Facebook, Twitter or/and Google+ by simply clicking on the links given at the bottom of this post as it will help us to grow. You can now SUBSCRIBE US to know about our daily post. Thanks for READING. PEACE 🙂