How To Install Android 5.0 Lollipop On Nexus 4,5,7 & 10 Manually
Just few days back Google Announced the final version and later made Factory Image of its latest Mobile OS Android 5.0 Lollipop available for its Nexus Line which include Nexus 5 , Nexus 4 Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 . Android 5.0 Lollipop is the biggest Android Update made available by Google since last three years. Various new features are added in Android 5.0 Lollipop as compared to previous version such as Project Volta which ensures that the user gets the maximum usage out of the Battery. The OTA update for Nexus devices has started rolling out in various regions already but for others, those who can’t wait to grab this awesome new Mobile OS can manually update their device and to do so follow this Step By Step guide on How To Install Android 5.0 Lollipop On Nexus 4, 5 ,7 & 10 Manually.
Prerequisite ( How To Install Android 5.0 Lollipop On Nexus 4,5,7 & 10 )
- Download the correct factory Image of Android 5.0 Lollipop for your device .
- Download and extract Android SDK Tool and move it to Local Disk C on your Desktop / Laptop and then rename it to “adt”.
- Download and install Nexus USB Drivers.
- Turn USB DEBUGGING ON on your device to do that, Go to SETTINGS>> ABOUT PHONE>> TAP ON BUILD NUMBER 7 TIMES>> GO BACK TO SETTINGS>> DEVELOPER OPTION>> CHECK ON THE USB DEBUGGING.
- Unlock the Bootloader of your device.
- Backup all your Data as all your Data will be lost on installation of Android 5.0 Lollipop.
- Make sure your device is fully charged.
Note : Dont forget to get a complete backup of your device as you will lose all your data upon installation of Android 5.0 Lollipop .Also Follow this steps carefully as anything wrong may brick your device.
How To Install Nexus 5 Drivers ( How To Install Android 5.0 Lollipop On Nexus 4,5,7 & 10 )
- With USB DEBUGGING turned on connect your device to your Desktop / Laptop.
- Download Nexus 5 Drivers.
- Extract the drivers.
- Open Device Manager on your Desktop / Laptop.
- Search for Nexus 5.
- Right Click on Nexus 5 and then Click to Update Device Driver.
- Now select Browse Your Computer For Drivers and then select the extracted Nexus 5 Driver folder.
- While installing these drivers you will be required to grant permission to install simply provide that.
- Your Nexus 5 Drivers are now installed.
Unlock The Bootloader ( How To Install Android 5.0 Lollipop On Nexus 4,5,7 & 10 )
- Connect your Nexus to your Windows Desktop / Laptop .
- On your Windows Desktop / Laptop open CMD and type the following command ( just to make sure your device is connected )
- cd adt/sdk/platform-tools
- adb devices
- Once you make sure your device is connected , go to Bootloader of your device to do that type this command in CMD.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now to unlock your devices Bootloader type this.
fastboot oem unlock
- Follow the on screen command on your Nexus Screen.
- Your device will reboot.
- You now have Unlocked Nexus device.
How To Install Android 5.0 Lollipop On Nexus 4,5,7 & 10
- Extract the downloaded Factory Image of your device and move it to Local Disk (C:)/adt/sdk/platform-tools/
- Again open your device Bootloader .
- Once your device is in Bootloader type the following command.
- cd adt/sdk/platform-tools/
- Keep patience as installation of Android 5.0 Lollipop on your Nexus device may take few minutes.
- Congratulation you now have Android 5.0 Lollipop on your Nexus device.
So that’s it for the article How To Install Android 5.0 Lollipop On Nexus 4,5,7 & 10 Manually if you have any queries or suggestion do let us know through your comments below and we will surely get back to you.
I hope this post on How To Install Android 5.0 Lollipop On Nexus 4,5,7 & 10 Manually helped you and if you liked our work then please do share with your friends and like it over Facebook, Twitter or/and Google+ by simply clicking on the links at the bottom of the post as it will help us to grow . You can now even SUBSCRIBE US to get latest updates on our post and articles.
Thanks for reading How To Install Android 5.0 Lollipop On Nexus 4,5,7 & 10 Manually, Peace