How To Root And Install Custom Recovery On Android One : The Complete Guide
How To Root And Install Custom Recovery On Android One Easily: Android one is also a Google Branded Phone just like Nexus but it is very cheaper than it. Android one was made for those people who want their first phone a smartphone but don’t want to spend much money in it. But being cheap doesn’t mean that android one lacks anything in fact the device is more capable to handle your daily tasks with ease but surely it cannot compete with the high end devices.
Inside Android One features Media Tek’s Quad Core MT6582 Mobile SoC clicked at 1.3GHz with 1GB of RAM and 1700 mAH Battery. The screen size is 4.5″ which is optimal size choice for almost everyone. Android One comes with dual SIM and dual camera.
Android One comes with KitKat 4.4 and will be updated to Android Lollipop.But to update it right away and enhance its performance we all know we need to provide Root access and here is how you can do that With our step by step guide on How To Root And Install Custom Recovery On Android One Easily
Prerequisite ( How To Root And Install Custom Recovery On Android One )
- A Unlocked Bootloader Android One.
- Download the Android One recovery.img .
- Download SuperSu.zip file.
- Battery charged to 75% or more.
- Download Android One device drivers.
- Turn USB DEBUGGING and to do that follow up the steps:-
1. Go to Settings.
2. Open About Phone.
3. Trap on build number 7 times.
4. Go Back to Settings.
5. Open Developer Option.
6. Turn on USB DEBUGGING.
How To Install Android One Drivers ( How To Root And Install Custom Recovery On Android One )
- With USB DEBUGGING turned on connect your device to your Desktop/Laptop.
- Download Android One drivers.
- Extract the drivers.
- Open Device Manager on your Desktop/Laptop.
- Search for Android One.
- Right click on Android One and then click to Update Device Driver.
- Now select Browse Your Computer for Drivers and then select the extracted Android One Driver Folder.
- While installing these drivers you will be required to grant permission to install. Simply provide that.
- Your Android One Drivers are now installed.
Note : Rooting will probably void the warranty of your device. Make sure to get the backup of all your data as Unlocking Your Device will erase all your PERSONNEL STUFF.Do follow these instruction carefully as anything wrong can brick your device . So ROOT YOUR DEVICE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Unlock The Bootloader ( How To Root And Install Custom Recovery On Android One )
- Download Android SDK TOOL for windows.
- Extract Android SDK TOOL, rename the extracted folder to ” adt ” and move it to ‘ Local Disk C ‘ of your Desktop / Laptop.
- With USB DEBUGGING turned ON connect your Android One to your windows Desktop / Laptop.
- Now open CMD on your Desktop / Laptop and run the following command .
- cd adt/sdk/platform-tools
- adb devices
- adb reboot bootloader
- fastboot oem unlock
- fastboot format userdata
After this your Android One will restart and you will have Unlocked Bootloader.
Install Recovery ( How To Root And Install Custom Recovery On Android One )
- Download Android One recovery.img.
- Move the recovery.img to the following directory on your Desktop / Laptop ” Local Disk C/adt/sdk/platform-tools ” .
- Now again open CMD and Run the following command.
- cd adt/sdk//platform-tools
- adb reboot bootloader
- fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- fastboot reboot
You now have successfully installed custom recovery ie CWM Recovery on your Android One.
Rooting Android One ( How To Root And Install Custom Recovery On Android One )
- First download superSU zip.
- Then enter recovery to do so Hold Power Key +Volume Down key simultaneously and then press volume key untill you see Recovery Option on the top of the screen and then finally press Power Key to enter recovery.
- Then go to install zip..>adb sideload.
- Now connect your phone to PC.
- Open CMD on your windows Desktop / Laptop and type the following command.
- cd adt/sdk/platform-tools
- adb sideload
You have successfully rooted your Android One and to check root you can download Root Checker from Play Store.
This method works on all Android One Device Regardless of which OEMs Android One you are using rather it be Micromax Canvas A1, Karbonn Sparkle V or Spice Dream UNO.
So that’s it for the article How To Root And Install Custom Recovery On Android One : The Complete Guide if you have any queries or suggestion do let us know through your comments below and we will surely get back to you.
I hope this post on How To Root And Install Custom Recovery On Android One : The Complete Guide helped you and if you liked our work then please do share with your friends and like it over Facebook, Twitter or/and Google+ by simply clicking on the links at the bottom of the post as it will help us to grow . You can now even SUBSCRIBE US to get latest updates on our post and articles.
Related Post : How To Get Android Lollipop For Android One Right Away
Thanks for reading How To Root And Install Custom Recovery On Android One : The Complete Guide , Peace