How To Root And Install Custom Recovery On Micromax Yu Yureka
How To Root And Install Custom Recovery On Micromax Yu Yureka : Micromax Yu Yureka has already created a lot of noise since its release. It’s been a device everybody wants to own keeping in mind its price which is just Rs 8999 in India . This device for now is only available in India and that too through Amazon Only.
Micromax Yu Yureka comes with CyanogenMod as the default ROM assuring you all the latest Android update with no bloatware apps. On board Micromax Yu Yureka has Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 octacore SOC with 2gb RAM and 16 gb of internal memory. On the camera perspective it has got 13 MP rear camera and 5 MP front facing camera which is quite capable of taking decent pictures. It comes with CyanogenMod 11 which is based on Android KitKat 4.4.4 and it will be upgraded to CyanogenMod 12 based on Android Lollipop in near future.What makes Micromax Yu Yureka different is that you can freely ROOT your device without worrying about losing your warranty. So let’s move on to How To Root And Install Custom Recovery On Micromax Yu Yureka
Prerequisite ( How To Root And Install Custom Recovery On Micromax Yu Yureka)
Note : Unlocking Bootloader will not void your warranty but will surely erase all your personal datas so it is advised to make a backup of all your data before proceeding .
Unlock Bootloader And Install Custom Recovery ( How To Root And Install Custom Recovery On Micromax Yu Yureka)
- Extract the downloaded Adb Fastboot zip on your desktop/laptop.
- Now transfer the downloaded CWM Recovery to this folder ie Fastboot folder.
- Switch off your MICROMAX YU YUREKA and plug in the device to your desktop/laptop.
- Once the RED LED glows up, hold the volume up button for few seconds until you see Fastboot menu, from there let the device install it’s drivers on your desktop. ( for Windows 8 and above installing drivers doesn’t need Internet but Windows below it requires Internet to install the driver’s)
- Now on your desktop right click on the Adb Fastboot folder and select command prompt.
- Once on the command prompt, type the following commands
fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem unlock
fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery recovery-yu.img
Rooting ( How To Root And Install Custom Recovery On Micromax Yu Yureka)
- Transfer the downloaded SuperSu file to the internal memory of your Micromax Yu Yureka.
- Now switch off your device.
- Turn on the device by holding vol up + vol down + power key simontaneously.
- Once in the Recovery Mode select install zip and then select the downloaded SuperSu. Zip file.
- Once SuperSu is installed restart your device, for first boot it may take a while to start.
- Your device is now Rooted, to check it you can install Root Checker from Playstore.