How To Update/Install Android Lollipop On Moto X 1st Gen Right Away : Moto X 1st Gen was once a device that everybody wanted to own , the fabulous design ,the unique wooden back and that voice command with which you can do almost everything. Moto X 1st Gen changed the then condition of Motorola and brought back its respect that it once had.
Despite of being such a market changing Device , this device hasn’t received Official Android Lollipop update yet and there is no official words on when this device is going to get the Android Lollipop Update. Well till the time comes and Motorola Decide to Provide its Moto X 1st Gen user with the taste of Official Android Lollipop Update lets move ahead and update/install Android Lollipop on Moto X 1st Gen ourself.
Update/Install Android Lollipop On Moto X 1st Gen
Google has redesigned Android totally with its Material Design to look more Flatter and Sophisticated, which if you ask me is an fabulous decision . Android Lollipop has not only been redesigned in looks but has also brought various changes too such as Project Volta which according to Google enhances the Battery Performance by about 90 minutes. Now its time to get Moto x to get the taste of this sweet . Well to update/install Android Lollipop you will have to be Rooted and have custom recovery installed on it,the detail procedure is as below.
Prerequisite ( Update/Install Android Lollipop On Moto X 1st Gen)
- Rooted Moto X 1st Gen.
- Android Lollipop Compaitable Custom Recovery Installed On it.
- Battery Charged To atleast 80%.
- Complete NANDROID Backup.
How To Update/Install Android Lollipop On Moto X 1st Gen
- First of all get a Complete NANDROID backup , as this will help you to revert back if something goes wrong or if you don’t like it at all (which is surely not gonna happen).
- Now Download CyanogenMod 12 Nightly from here and Google Gapps from here.
- Transfer these files to root of SD-Card of your Device.
- Now Turn Off your Device , turn it on again to enter Regular Recovery option by holding Power and Volume Down Button simultaneously.
- Now once you are in Recovery Option, wipe data and cache memory to do so navigate one by one to “wipe data/factory reset” and “wipe cache partition” using your volume key and then hit the Power Key to select the option and wipe it off.
- You also need to wipe dalvik cache too , to do so go to Advance option and select “Wipe Dalvik Cache”.
- Now navigate back to the main Menu and from there select “choose zip from sdcard”.
- Now select the CyanogenMod 12 Nightly zip file you downloaded and install it.
- Similarly install the Google Gapps file you downloaded.
- Now Restart your device, let it boot for a while ( first boot up might take a min or two so keep calm).
- Voilà, you now have successfully flashed/updated/installed Android Lollipop on your Moto X 1st Gen.
Note: CyanogenMod 12 is in its Nightly phase which means it is not yet fully stable , but you should not worry nightly doesn’t means that it is full of bugs or couldn’t be used as a daily driver, it just means that it is round the corner to be stated as Stable. SO Nightly ROMs are quite stable and could be used as Daily Driver but still if you ever want to revert back you can by simply restoring your old NANDROID backup.
I hope this post on How To Update/Install Android Lollipop On Moto X 1st Gen Right Away helped you and if you liked our work then please do share with your friends and like it over Facebook, Twitter or/and Google + by simply clicking on the links at the bottom of the post as it will help us to grow . You can now even SUBSCRIBE US to get latest updates on our post and articles.
Must Read : Top Best Hidden Features Of Android 5.0 Lollipop
Thanks for reading How To Update/Install Android Lollipop On Moto X 1st Gen Right Away , Peace