How To Setup WhatsApp On Desktop : Yes! You heard it right, WhatsApp is finally available officially for your Desktop. Now you need not to use any Android Emulator such as BlueStack to run WhatsApp on your Desktop.
Basically WhatsApp for desktop/ WhatsApp Web is a Web Extension that lets you use WhatsApp on your Desktop via Chrome Browser. Since WhatsApp for Desktop / WhatsApp Web is just a Web Extension it doesn’t need any additional App or any software to run. WhatsApp for Desktop / WhatsApp Web is supported by almost every Mobile OS ie Android, BB10, Windows Phone and Nokia S60 Devices. For now iOS is not supported but will surely be supported in the near future.
How To Setup WhatsApp On Desktop
To run WhatsApp on Desktop all you need to do is a Google Chrome Browser on your Desktop and Latest WhatsApp installed on your Smartphone. Now from WhatsApp app on your smartphone , open MENU and select WhatsApp Web option. Now on your smartphone screen you will see a QR Code reader which is intended to scan QR Code shown on ” web.whatsapp.com “.Once scanning is done you will be able to use WhatsApp on your Desktop.
Pre-Requisite ( Setup WhatsApp On Desktop )
How To Setup WhatsApp On Desktop Via Chrome
- Download and install the latest WhatsApp app on your smartphone ( if you are not running latest WhatsApp than you will not be able to use WhatsApp on your desktop).
- Now open Google Chrome Browser on your desktop/Laptop.
- From Google Chrome Browser navigate to “web.Whatsapp.com”.
- Here you will see a QR CODE.
- Now on your smartphone open WhatsApp app and tap MENU and then select WhatsApp Web option.
- As soon as you click on WhatsApp Web option you will see a QR CODE scanner, simply scan the QR CODE on Google Chrome Browser.
- Once the scan completes your smartphone will vibrate which indicates that WhatsApp can now be accessed through your Desktop/Laptop on Google Chrome Browser.
- If you ever wish to Logout from your WhatsApp For Desktop/WhatsApp Web account simply click on MENU and select LOGOUT.
- If you access WhatsApp from multiple desktop/laptop then to Logout, Open WhatsApp app on your smartphone and from MENU option select WhatsApp Web and then tap on LOG OUT FROM ALL COMPUTERS and then you will be Logout from all the Desktop/Laptop you are currently connected with.
Pros Of WhatsApp For Desktop / WhatsApp Web
- Directly send videos through your Desktop/Laptop using your webcam.
- You can type faster with your Desktop/Laptop.
- While working on your Laptop/Desktop you need to look on to your Smartphone for WhatsApp chat as you can do it directly from your Desktop.
- You can even setup your WhatsApp account on various Desktop/Laptop.
Cons Of WhatsApp For Desktop / WhatsApp Web
- From WhatsApp for desktop / WhatsApp Web you can’t change your status or profile picture.
- You can’t send any audio files.
- You can’t create any groups.
- You can’t send any contact information.
- You can’t send your location information.
I hope this post on How To Setup WhatsApp On Desktop : A Complete Tutorial helped you and if you liked our work then please do share with your friends and like it over Facebook, Twitter or/and Google+ by simply clicking on the links at the bottom of the post as it will help us to grow . You can now even SUBSCRIBE US to get latest updates on our post and articles.
Related Post: How To Get WhatsApp Calling Feature Without An Invite
Thanks for reading How To Setup WhatsApp On Desktop : A Complete Tutorial, Peace