Stop Automatic Updates On Windows 10 : Microsoft has done wonders with Windows 10 and they just don’t want to leave any stone unturned rather it be its promotion tactics or free upgrade, they just don’t want to leave anything at all. Since Windows 10 beta version they have been emphasising on how good is Windows 10 and why one should switch to Windows 10 from the predecessor. Well I totally agree with Microsoft on this department, Windows 10 is indeed the best version of Windows so far rather it be its load up speed, the simple and clean UI and the best part it is made available for free. Stop Automatic Updates On Windows 10 .
Although every part of Windows 10 if not perfect is still great to use and in my 10 days use I haven’t faced any difficulties except one and that is the Forced Automatic Updates . Even though most of the guys won’t find this or consider it as a problem as these Updates are meant to improve and provide stability to the OS. But still there are people who wouldn’t find this forced feature as likeable as others would do and the reason behind this is very simple not everybody has Unlimited Internet Data Connection. Most of us use Limited Internet Connection or Postpaid Connections and this is the reason why people generally wants to ignore these updates. So today in this post we are gonna find out a way to Stop Automatic Updates On Windows 10 .
Stop Automatic Updates On Windows 10
Recently Microsoft on their blog has clarified that Windows 10 Automatic Updates is a forced feature and one can’t turn it off like they could do in previous version of Windows which indeed is not at all a good thing. According to me Microsoft should have left this feature as it was earlier giving Users the freedom to Update their OS/Apps according to themselves. But what is already done is done. So today I’ll be telling you a way to Stop Automatic Updates On Windows 10 easily without needing to install any third party software which might manipulate the registry files of the Windows . So lets move ahead and see How To Stop Automatic Updates On Windows 10 ?
Pros & Cons Of Updates ( Stop Automatic Updates On Windows 10 )
Before getting on to Stop Automatic Updates On Windows 10 lets first learn what are the benefits and loses of these Updates .
Pros ( Stop Automatic Updates On Windows 10 )
- These Windows updates are mend to provide stability to the Windows OS and also enhances the security of the OS.
- Microsoft also works out any bugs on Windows by these Updates.
Cons ( Stop Automatic Updates On Windows 10 )
- First and the foremost is limited Internet Connectivity or Postpaid Connection.
- Although these updates are mend to improve the stability of your OS but sometimes these updates does the opposite as not all the updates are checked on every kind of PC/Laptop. There maybe a chance that your PC/Laptop isn’t compatible with the Update.
How To Stop Automatic Updates On Windows 10
- First of all connect to the Internet Network through which you don’t want to download any updates.
- Type Settings in the Search Box on the Taskbar, click on Settings.
- As soon as you click on it you will see couple of options there, click to open Network And Internet.
- There under Wifi Option you will see Advance Option click on it.
- Now there will see Metered Connection just turn it on and set your current Internet Connection as metered connection. This will Stop Automatic Updates On Windows 10 .
- Similarly you can make other Internet Connection as metered one to ensure your Internet Data is not wasted.
- Congratulation you have learned to Stop Automatic Updates On Windows 10 .
I hope and wish that this method did work for you to Stop Automatic Updates On Windows 10 , if not you can contact us through our comment section or you can even ask us your doubts or suggest us anything on our Facebook page. Please dont forget to like & share our post on Facebook , Twitter or Google Plus as it will surely help us to grow and clicking on those ads you see too as it is the main source of our income.
Thanks For Reading Stop Automatic Updates On Windows 10 .