How To Unlock Bootloader Of Moto E 2nd Gen : Motorola in recent years launched devices in every budget to cover almost everyone , whether it be the flagship device Moto X ( Gen 1 & 2), the mid-ranger Moto G ( Gen 1 & 2) and the Budget Friendly Moto E. Well only few days back Motorola launched the 2nd Gen of their budget device ie Moto E 2nd Gen with lots of new upgrade, the screen size has been increased from 4.3″ to 4.5″, LED Flash has been introduced for rear camera and new VGA camera has also been installed on front for video calling or Selfie. The SoC has also been upgraded from Snapdragon 200 to 64-Bit Snapdragon 410 .
Well coming to the topic, Moto E like every other Motorola device comes with Locked Bootloader which means you cant Root , flash Custom Recovery or Flash any Custom ROM until and unless you unlock the Bootloader, and here comes the tricky part well to Unlock the Bootloader you will be required to get the UNIQUE CODE from MOTOROLA’s website which further may void your warranty so do this at your own risk.
Note : Unlocking the Bootloader will erase all your Data including your Apps , Music , Videos & Images , so it is recommended to get a Complete backup of your Data .
Unlock Bootloader Of Moto E 2nd Gen
To unlock Bootloader of Moto E 2nd Gen you will have install Motorola Device’s latest drivers first. You will also have to get the UNIQUE CODE which help you to unlock your device Bootloader from Motorola’s Website do note it without the UNIQUE CODE unlocking Bootloader is impossible. The detail procedure is given below:
- Motorola Device Driver installed on your PC.
- USB Debugging turned on your device.
- Battery Charged to atleast 80%.
- Download ADB Fastboot from here.
How To Unlock Bootloader Of Moto E 2nd Gen
- Turn off your Moto E 2nd Gen.
- Make sure your device has USB DEBUGGING turned on.
- Boot into Bootloader by pressing Volume Down + Power Button Simultaneously.
- Connect your Moto E 2nd Gen to your Desktop / Laptop.
- Once your device is connected and recognized open your ADB Fastboot directory and open CMD by holding shift and right clicking on your mouse and then selecting open command window, this will open Command Window , further type the following command.
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- You will now get various strings of characters, simply copy those characters and Paste in a notepad without any space in between.
- Now head over to the Motorola Developer Website. Sign In with your Google Account with the same Google Account as that on your Moto E 2nd Gen.
- Read on the on screen instructions.You will be asked to enter the string of characters , simply paste the characters you just pasted on Notepad without any space.
- Finally Request for the Unlock Key.The Unlock Key will be sent to your e-mail.
- Again open CMD by the above stated method and type
fastboot oem unlock xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In place of these X’s put your UNIQUE CODE.
- You now have a Moto E 2nd Gen with unlocked Bootloader . Now head over to Rooting Moto E 2nd Gen.
I hope this post on How To Unlock Bootloader Of Moto E 2nd Gen : A Complete Tutorial helped you and if you liked our work then please do share with your friends and like it over Facebook, Twitter or/and Google + by simply clicking on the links at the bottom of the post as it will help us to grow . You can now even SUBSCRIBE US to get latest updates on our post and articles.
Thanks for reading How To Unlock Bootloader Of Moto E 2nd Gen : A Complete Tutorial , Peace 🙂